Friday, September 17, 2010

A Vintage Sandwich Shop And More Mad Men Goodness

As promised, Gwen of CollectableSpectacle and I had a fun day of shopping yesterday. The weather was nice, the lunch was great and so was the company.
Not an everyday meal! The "half" size is 7" long.
Jiffy's Subs opened in 1959 and not a lot has changed.
The prices have been upped a bit. The Snoopy-esque characters let you know the rules.
"Bacon is now available on every sandwich." Sadly, I didn't have my camera- just my iPhone- guess that means I'll have to go back.


Even the exterior signage looks promising.

And my first score, in full- on post lunch, food coma mode...
Hipstamatic-atized for your viewing pleasure.
1960s glasses set now available here. 

And a wonderful way to end any week, this was posted in the Mad Men Fashion File Blog- Don and his retrotrend swim bag.
http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/2010/09/episode-8-fashion.php#more
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment